Nursery & Reception Welcome Video from the Headteacher -
Welcome to Blanford Mere Primary School. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website.
Blanford Mere Primary School is based in Kingswinford. with superb nearby facilities including King George VI Park, St. Mary’s Church and local businesses which places us at the heart of the community. Our peaceful, safe and spacious grounds offer opportunities for children to both learn and play. We have a state of the art learning resource centre which provides children with the latest technology alongside a well-resourced library. Pupils are encouraged to research and find information using a variety of sources as well as to enjoy quiet moments for children who choose to read for pleasure. We offer exciting curriculum opportunities to foster a lifelong love of learning in our children.
We also support parents by offering a Breakfast Club from 7.30-8.45am and After School Club from 3.15-6.00pm.
We are a community school with delightful children, supportive parents and a hard working team of staff and Governors who work closely together to ensure that children strive to achieve the very best that they can.
We remain in the top ten schools in the Dudley league tables and are very proud of the achievements of our pupils. In January 2018 we were graded as a "Good" school by Ofsted, who commented that Blanford Mere is a caring and inclusive school. Pupils with a range of needs have been welcomed into Blanford Mere and become confident learners. Staff work hard to build good relationships with parents and carers. One parent commented: 'Staff are kind, hard-working and diligent so as to ensure that their teaching has a positive impact on my child's learning outcomes.' Parents I spoke to agreed that they find staff approachable and supportive."
We enjoy showing families around school so that they can see school life in action. The partnership between children, parents and staff is important to us and was recognised by Ofsted who acknowledged that “The school works well with parents and carers. All parents who spoke to inspectors were fulsome in their appreciation of the work of the staff”.
We encourage you to visit and see the school for yourself. Please contact the school office on 01384 818365 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Aims of our school
- provide each child with an exciting, broad and balanced curriculum, so that they acquire skills, knowledge and a love of learning.
- encourage high standards of achievement, presentation and behaviour in a safe, nurturing and vibrant environment.
- respect their own rights and those of others so that everyone feels valued and secure in our school and wider community.
- encourage children to have high aspirations and strive to be the best that they can be, so that they can make a positive contribution to modern Britain.
- create a happy and caring community with involvement and commitment from children, staff and parents/carers to support children's learning.