Friday 9th July 2021
All adults should do what is best for you. When adults make decisions, they should think about how their decisions will affect children.
There have been many changes for everyone over the past 18 months. Thank you for adapting and supporting your child with the adapatations and disruptions. This has been an extremely challenging time and impacted upon everyone’s life.
We now await guidance from the government regarding arrangements for September 2021. We hope that this arrives in time for us to share it with you before school closes from the summer holiday on Tuesday 20th July 2021! If not we will have a plan for September using the current guidance, this then may change once we receive further advice once we return.
Reports and classes for next year.
We would like to welcome Mrs E Morton, who will be joining us from September. We will have three 3/4 classes and three 5/6 classess from September, as our numbers increase throughout school. Mrs Morton is an experienced teacher and we welcome her to our school, as I am sure you will.
Class organisation next year will be as follows:
Nursery Miss N Porter
Nursery Miss S Steadman
Reception C Miss M Cleeton
Reception P Miss N Postings
Year 1C Mrs J Cartwright
Year 1J Miss D Jordan
Year 2W Mr B Wade
Year 2B Miss J Barclay
Year 3/4C Mrs J Cameron
Year 3/4M Mrs E Morton
Year 3/4O Mrs H Oliver
Year 5/6B Mr M Baker
Year 5/6D Miss C Dorricott
Year 5/6R Mr A Raybould
Mrs L Davis and Mrs P Woodley will be supporting in both Key Stage 1 and 2.
Miss A Stanton will be supporting teaching and learning throughout the school.
In with your child’s report will be the information about who your child’s class teacher will be next year.
Arrangements for Parents’ Consultation July 2021:
We are holding our Parents’ telephone consultation on Thursday 15th July for Years Nursery (for children who will be starting school in September 2021) to Year 6. This is except for Miss Dorricott’s class who will have their consultations at the same time on Monday 19th July.
- Reports will be sent out at the end of the day on Friday 9th July for children from reception to Year 6. Reports for Nursery children (who will be starting school in September 2021) will be sent home on Monday 12th July.
- Each report will be in a sealed envelope in your child’s bag. Details of class organisation and your child’s new teacher will also be included. Receiving the report before the parents consultation meeting should give you time to read it thoroughly and decide whether or not you would like to see your child’s teacher.
- There will be a form on the school website – in the ‘forms’ pencil and labelled ‘Report 2021 reply slip’ for you to complete. This enables us to know that you have received the report and asks you to indicate if you would like an appointment to talk with your child’s teacher, however, the report should give a full account of your child’s progress and targets for the next academic year. Please return these on Tuesday 13th July, so that members of staff can allocate enough opportunities for those parents who would like to talk to them to discuss an element of the report. The class teacher will allocate times from 3.30pm until 4.30pm, for parents who would like to talk to them, regarding their child’s report.
- All teachers will write your appointment time in your child’s planner on Tuesday 13th July. If the allocated time is inconvenient, then write a note to the class teacher in your child’s planner, so that they can allocate another slot.
- Staff may also ask to see you to discuss certain elements of your child’s report, where further discussion will enable home and school to work together, so that children have a swift start in September. If so, there will be a note with your child’s report and an allocated time for you to see the teacher. If this is not convenient, please arrange an alternative time with your child’s teacher.
- For this Parents’ meeting, you will be allocated a time slot, rather than signing up in the usual way on the school website. Please be aware that appointments allow a maximum of 10 minutes for each set of parents. If you need additional discussion time, you may need to make a further appointment on another day with your child’s teacher.
- If you have not indicated that you would like to see your child’s teacher by Tuesday 13th July —then an appointment time will not be allocated. Please complete the forms slip on the school website, requesting to talk with your child’s teacher. Please ensure you have your child’s report and clearly identify the elements of this you wish to discuss.
- Separated parents who are already on our mailing list to receive their information, will have their reports posted to them. The report will be sent home via the child’s bag to the parent who the child resides with.
We hope that the information given is clear and we would really appreciate your support.
Usually, we send home your child’s books at the end of the summer term for you to keep. However, due to Coronavirus and limiting items going in and out of school and home, this will not happen this year.
We will be in touch as soon as we have more information from the government, regarding September opening arrangements.
Mrs Miller and Miss Stanton