Thursday 7th July 2022
All adults should do what is best for you. When adults make decisions, they should think about how their decisions will affect children.
Reports and class teachers for next year.
We would like to welcome, Mr L Kimberley who will join us as EYFS Strategic Leader and class teacher, and Mrs M Cope, who will both be joining us from September. They are both experienced teachers.
Miss Jordan will return to school after the summer break for a short time and provide interventions to early years and KS1 before starting her maternity leave. Miss C Dorricott intends to return after the summer break as a class teacher for a Yr 3/4 class for the first half term before she starts her maternity leave. Once the maternity leave begins, Mr M Jones, who is very familiar with the school, will take over the class responsibility for the remainder of the academic year
Class organisation next year will be as follows:
Nursery NP Miss N Porter
Nursery SS Miss S Steadman
Reception LK Mr L Kimberley
Reception NP Miss N Postings
Year 1MC Miss M Cleeton
Year 1JB Miss J Barclay
Year 2BW Mr B Wade
Year 2JC Mrs J Cartwright
Year 3/4JC Mrs J Cameron
Year 3/4MC Mrs M Cope
Year 3/4MJ Miss C Dorricott, until her maternity leave starts and then Mr M Jones.
Year 5/6MB Mr M Baker
Year 5/6HO Mrs H Oliver
Year 5/6AR Mr A Raybould
Mrs L Davis and Mrs P Woodley will be supporting in both Key Stage 1 and 2.
Miss A Stanton will be supporting teaching and learning throughout the school.
In with your child’s report will be the information about who your child’s class teacher will be next year.
Arrangements for Parents’ Consultation July 2022:
We are holding our Parents’ in-school consultation on Wednesday 13th July for Nursery (for children who will be starting Reception in September 2022) to Year 6.
- Reports will be sent out at the end of the day on Thursday 7th July for children from Nursery to Year 6. A Nursery report will only be sent for the children who will be starting school in September.
- Each report will be in a sealed envelope in your child’s bag. Details of class organisation and your child’s new teacher will also be included. Receiving the report before the parents’ consultation meeting should give you time to read it thoroughly and decide whether or not you would like to see your child’s teacher.
- There will be a form on the school website – in the ‘forms’ pencil and labelled ‘Report 2022 reply slip’ for you to complete from tomorrow. This enables us to know that you have received the report and asks you to indicate if you would like an appointment to talk with your child’s teacher. The report should give a full account of your child’s progress and targets for the next academic year. Please return the ‘Online form’ by 2.30pm on Friday 8th July, so that members of staff can allocate enough opportunities for those parents who would like to talk to them to discuss an element of the report. You will be allocated a time from 3.30pm to talk to your child’s class teacher regarding an element of the report. Please be aware that appointments allow a maximum of 7 minutes for each set of parents. If you need additional discussion time, you may need to make a further appointment on another day with your child’s teacher.
- If you have indicated that you would like an appointment to discuss the report, an allocated time will be sent in your child's planner on Friday 8th July 2022. (Please have the report with you at Parents’ Evening ready to discuss key points). If the allocated time is inconvenient, then write a note to the class teacher in your child’s planner, so that they can allocate another slot.
- Staff may also ask to see you to discuss certain elements of your child’s report, where further discussion will enable home and school to work together, so that children have a swift start in September. If so, there will be a note with your child’s report and an allocated time for you to see the teacher. If this is not convenient, please arrange an alternative time with your child’s teacher.
- If you have not indicated that you would like to see your child’s teacher by Friday 8th July at 2.30pm—then an appointment time will not be allocated.
- Separated parents who are already on our mailing list to receive their information, will have their reports posted to them. The report will be sent home in your child’s bag to the parent who the child resides with.
We hope that the information given is clear and we would really appreciate your support.
We will send home your child’s books at the end of the summer term for you to keep – could you please send a labelled carrier bag into school by Friday 15th July. We will be keeping some children’s books temporarily, so that we have evidence of learning. If your child’s books are being kept, your child’s class teacher will speak to you before the end of term. These books will be returned in July 2023.
Mrs Miller and Miss Stanton