All adults should do what is best for you. When adults make decisions, they should think about how their decisions will affect children.
Welcome back, I hope you all had a good rest over the holidays.
News and Events Year 2 Treasure Hunt
On Thursday 19th April, Year 2 had fun and excitement. Their topic for this term is 'Pirates Ahoy'. Guy from the Ezone, provided the children with a 'Treasure Hunt' around St Georges Park, the children used their mapping skills. The sun was shining too!
Oliver W said "Never go through pirate traps because they might try and get your treasure".
Dexter P said "We went on a treasure hunt, we learnt how to follow a map and it was a bit scary".
Emily C said "We went to the park on a treasure hunt. I felt happy and excited. I learned you always have to have a map to find the way".
Poppy W said "We went on a treasure hunt we learned about treasure, I felt amazed".
Royal Wedding Celebration
On Saturday 19th May, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be getting married at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, London. To celebrate the event we would like the children, including nursery, to wear red, white and blue to school on Friday 18th May. Children will be learning about The Royal Family and the history of the Monarchy, as well as other fun activities. We will not be selling 'tuck' to KS2 on this day. Instead, School will provide each child with a celebratory fairy cake, drink and flag to mark the occasion. If you prefer your child not to have a cake, then please inform your child's class teacher. Fruit will still be provided for KS1 and those who pay in Nursery and KS2. I'm sure the children will enjoy this occasion.
• From Monday 1st May - Year 2 SATs to be administered
• Thursday 3rd May - School closed to children - Polling Day
• Monday 7th May - School closed - Bank holiday
• Monday 14th May - KS2 SATs test week
• Monday 21st May - Year 5 'Helping Hands' - more details to follow
• Thursday 24th May - School breaks for half term 3.15pm
• Friday 25th May - INSET Day - closed to pupils
• Monday 4th June - School re-opens at 8.50pm
• Friday 8th June - Sports Day am - weather permitting - more details to follow
• Monday 11th June - Year 1 Phonics check testing begins
• Monday 18th June - School Council visit to London Houses of Parliament
• Friday 20th July - break for the summer at 3.15pm
• Please remind the children not to walk along the wall near the main entrance - it is a health and safety hazard.
• Parents and carers should NOT park on the staff car park when bringing children to school late or collecting from after school clubs.
• Children should come to school daily - ready to learn. This means planners, PE kits, reading books, spellings should be in school on a daily basis.
• Children should not be wearing sun glasses at school. This is for health and safety reasons. Some sunglasses are not robust enough for children to play in at lunchtimes and break times, whilst running around the playground and using equipment. Children who are prescribed glasses are regulated by an authority and meet safety standards. Therefore we ask that you support us in this matter by saving them for after school and weekends! Thank you.
• A reminder that children should be wearing the correct school uniform, including shoes, right until the last day of term please. Our uniform is grey trousers, skirts and pinafores NOT BLACK!
If your child has outgrown their current cardigan or polo shirt and you do not wish to buy new until September, then please have a look in the unclaimed lost property box and help yourself to any unnamed items.
Please remind children that nail varnish should be removed before coming into school.
Bracelets/bands/bandanas/Jojo headbands of any kind are not allowed to be worn in school.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.